Ending your tenancy
If you want to end your tenancy you will need to give us at least four weeks’ notice. The easiest way to end your tenancy is by filling in the form below.
It is really important to know what type of tenancy you are on. If you are on an assured or secure tenancy once you have submitted this form you cannot change your mind.
Types of tenancy
If you are unsure which type of tenancy you have, the Customer Support Team will confirm once they receive this notice.
Assured or secure tenancy - Once you send us the form or told us in writing that you want to end your tenancy you cannot change your mind. The tenancy will come to an end once the notice period has expired.
Fixed term tenancy for five years - You can change your mind and withdraw this notice. The tenancy will not come to an end. this is because you are either exercising a break clause or making a request to end the tenancy early. We do not normally refuse a request to end the tenancy early.
What happens after I send my notice?
We will contact you to:
- Confirm the date your tenancy will end
- Confirm how much rent you need to pay to clear your account
- Arrange an End of Tenancy Visit with your Neighbourhood Worker (to see if you require any support or advice and also if there are any repairs required)
- Pay all the rent due up to and including the last day of the tenancy which will be a Sunday. (Leaving us with arrears will affect any future applications you make to be housed with us in the future).
- Pay for any damage that has been caused by you or anyone visiting or living in the property. You do not have to pay for normal wear and tear.
What do I need to do before I move?
Before you move out, please remember to:
- Tell your water, gas, electricity and telephone companies that you are moving and organise a redirection of your mail if required.
- Contact Housing Benefit to let them know your new address (if applicable)
- Clean your home and your garden
- Take all of your belongings with you and dispose of any unwanted items (do not leave them in the property, as you may incur a clearance re-charge)
- Return your keys to your Neighbourhood Worker
End your tenancy today.
Please complete this form if you wish to:
- End your tenancy (notice to terminate your assured/secure tenancy)
- Apply to end your tenancy early (fixed-term tenancies only)
Please note that you must give us four weeks notice. If you give notice on a Monday the four weeks will start from that date. If you give notice on any other day of the week, the four week notice will start on the first Monday after the date you give us notice.
We are sorry to see you go.